As the new year approaches, many people are looking for ways to refresh their look and try out new makeup trends. Here are some of the top makeup trends to keep an eye on in the coming year:
- Bold, colorful eyeshadow: Say goodbye to neutral eyeshadow and hello to bold, colorful shades. From bright blues and greens to vibrant pinks and purples, there are no limits when it comes to experimenting with eye makeup in the new year.
- Graphic eyeliner: While winged eyeliner will always be a classic, 2021 is all about taking things up a notch with graphic eyeliner. This can include everything from thick, bold lines to geometric shapes and patterns.
- Natural, dewy skin: The “no makeup” makeup look is still going strong, with many people opting for a natural, dewy finish to their skin. To achieve this look, use a light foundation or BB cream, add a touch of concealer where needed, and finish with a hydrating setting spray to give your skin a healthy, radiant glow.
- Bright lips: Bold lips are back and better than ever in the new year. From classic reds to vibrant oranges and pinks, don’t be afraid to make a statement with your lip color.
- Glitter and shimmer: Glitter and shimmer are always a fun way to add some sparkle to your makeup look. Whether you opt for a full-on glitter eye or a subtle shimmer on your cheekbones, a little bit of shine goes a long way in the new year.
- Pastel shades: Soft, pastel shades are a great way to add a touch of whimsy to your makeup look. From pale pinks and lilacs to mint greens and baby blues, these shades are perfect for spring and summer.
- Neon accents: While neon shades can be a bit intimidating, adding a pop of neon to your makeup look can be a fun and unique way to stand out. Try adding a neon eyeliner or a bright neon eyeshadow as an accent to a more neutral makeup look.
- Smudgy, smokey eyes: The smudgy, smokey eye look is perfect for those who want a more edgy and dramatic makeup look. To achieve this look, use a dark eyeshadow and blend it out towards the outer corners of your eyes, making sure to leave a bit of the shadow smudged and unfinished for a grungy, rocker-chic vibe.
- Bold brows: Full, bold eyebrows are still going strong and are a great way to frame your face and add definition to your makeup look. If you want to make your eyebrows stand out even more, try using a brow gel or wax to set them in place and add a bit of extra volume.
- Monochromatic makeup: Monochromatic makeup, where you use different shades of the same color family on your eyes, cheeks, and lips, is a chic and cohesive way to pull your makeup look together. Whether you go for a bold monochromatic look with red shades or a more subtle look with soft pinks, this trend is definitely worth trying out.
Overall, the key to nailing these makeup trends is to have fun and experiment with different looks. Whether you prefer a natural, dewy finish or like to go all out with bold eyeshadow and glitter, the most important thing is to find a makeup look that makes you feel confident and beautiful.